The Future of Privacy Forum seeks a Communications Intern to support its communications efforts. This is a paid internship position located in Washington, DC. FPF staff are working remotely until January 2022 and this internship will be remote.
- Develop social media content for FPF’s channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Assist in ongoing communications efforts for projects and campaigns
- Assist in managing and posting content for the FPF blog and make updates to FPF.org
- Update communications team with relevant new trends in the digital and marketing space
- Complete research projects related to organization’s campaigns
- Collaborate with the Digital Communications Manager to update and maintain the editorial calendar
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Completed or working towards an undergraduate degree, preferably in a related field (Marketing, Communications, PR, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently in a remote setting, as well as part of a team
- Ability to quickly grasp new digital tools and concepts
- Interest in technology and data privacy issues
- Familiarity with Slack, project management tools (Monday.com), social media publishing tools (Agorapulse), WordPress, MailChimp, Canva, and StreamYard is a plus
- Video production and editing experience
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Enter “Communications Intern” in the subject line. This internship is for the fall semester, duration of 3 months, however start and end dates are flexible.
The Future of Privacy Forum (“FPF”) is a non-profit organization that serves as a catalyst for privacy leadership and scholarship, advancing principled data practices in support of emerging technologies.
FPF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that supports employees professionally and personally through our employment practices and benefits offerings. We encourage applications from individuals who represent a variety of backgrounds based on sex, race, ethnicity, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, and other factors protected by law. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please reach out to [email protected]