Future of Privacy Forum is a nonprofit organization that serves as a catalyst for privacy leadership and scholarship, advancing principled data practices in support of emerging technologies. FPF brings together industry, academics, consumer advocates, and other thought leaders to explore the challenges posed by technological innovation and develop privacy protections, ethical norms, and workable business practices.
Future of Privacy Forum’s support base is diverse, including over 175 corporate supporters including major tech companies, retailers, financial institutions, start-ups, media companies, and others. Prominent foundations, including the National Science Foundation and other leading private foundations, also provide support to FPF. The FPF Advisory Board helps set direction for FPF activities and includes leading chief privacy officers, privacy academics, and advocacy groups.
The key responsibility of this role is to ensure the successful execution of FPF’s digital strategy across social media, website, and email marketing in the FPF brand voice. This role will report to the FPF Communications Director and work closely with FPF program staff to successfully promote their work in the sector across all digital platforms.
This individual should be technologically-savvy, adept both strategically and tactically, with a keen eye for detail and comfortable with planning yet changing course when required. The individual should be highly collaborative, innovative, and thoughtful in their approach to digital communications and marketing.
- Manage day-to-day execution of social media channels (to include live events) with a strong focus on Twitter and LinkedIn, while maintaining the FPF brand voice.
- Maintain FPF websites.
- Work closely with the Communications Director and membership team to send out monthly briefing and other email marketing via MailChimp and engage with members via the member portal.
- Collaborate with the Communications Director in managing the editorial calendar.
- Deliver on and improve on established social media, web and email marketing strategies.
- Actively engage in measurement, evaluation, and reporting of the effectiveness of all digital communication programs and campaigns and make recommendations for improvement.
- Stay abreast of trends, evolving technologies, and capabilities and find ways to apply as appropriate.
- Write and edit communications as needed.
- Support Communications Director and contractor with media outreach, inquiries, and maintenance of media list in Salesforce.
- Support other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, advertising, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in social media management, specifically Twitter and LinkedIn strategies and execution, as well as website/blog and email marketing.
- Experience with content management systems, WordPress experience a huge plus
- Working knowledge of social media publishing platforms, email marketing platforms, as well as communications and project management tools (Slack and Monday.com).
- Experience with data and analytics across web, social, and email campaigns.
- Experience working with third-party vendors or agencies.
- Flexible, adaptable, and collegial.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and be self-motivated.
Nice to haves:
- Virtual work experience, use of Zoom and other video conferencing platforms
- Graphic design experience
- Tech privacy experience
- Nonprofit and/or agency experience
- Google Data Studio and/or Google AdWords a plus
- StreamYard experience
- SEO experience
This is a full-time position based out of the Washington DC office. FPF staff are working remotely until January 2022, with the option to work in-office as preferred, in accordance with building and organization COVID-19 safety regulations.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected]. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.