Salary Range: $70,000.00 To 80,000.00 Annually
Reports to: Director of Events
The Future of Privacy Forum (FPF), a dynamic nonprofit organization that serves as a catalyst for privacy scholarship and advancing principled data practices in support of emerging technologies, is seeking an Event Manager. The Event Manager, reporting to the Director of Events, will be part of a three-person team responsible for planning and executing FPF’s in-person and virtual events.
The ideal candidate will be committed to providing outstanding service to colleagues, partners, and supporters by organizing unique and memorable events that are of the highest quality. This role requires partnership with multiple internal and external stakeholders and the ability to juggle planning for several events at the same time. Responsibilities will include supporting planning for larger conferences and gatherings, as well as independently managing all aspects of planning and execution for smaller events. Types of events include: an annual multi-day conference, half-day and full-day educational seminars, small in-person and virtual networking events, academic panel sessions, workshops, and social receptions and dinners. Most take place in the Washington, DC area, but this position may provide limited support to events organized by FPF’s offices in Brussels, Singapore, and Israel (travel to these locations is not required).
This is a full-time position based in the Washington, DC office. FPF maintains a hybrid work environment where staff are currently only required to work in-office one day per week.
FPF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that supports employees professionally and personally through our employment practices and benefits offerings. We encourage applications from individuals who represent a variety of backgrounds based on sex, race, ethnicity, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, and other factors protected by law. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please reach out to [email protected]
Manage logistics, planning, and execution for events, including:
- Design event invitations, build and manage invitation lists, track and report on RSVPs, and manage communications with attendees
- Coordinate attendance details for speakers or special guests
- Manage catering requirements and liaise with any other vendors
- Respond to inquiries and feedback from event participants
- Create a run of show for events; brief and train staff in requirements and participatory responsibilities as needed
- Manage and ensure adequacy of on-site services before and during the event
- Contribute to after-action report and review
- Manage tracking and database updates for event attendees
- Coordinate travel and accommodation for staff, speakers, and key stakeholders
Support Director of Events in planning and execution for annual conference and other larger events throughout the year
Work with the Operations team to organize fun and engaging events and activities for FPF staff
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years’ experience in event planning
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Eventbrite highly desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective at multitasking and an ability to work on overlapping assignments
- Superb time management skills
- Problem-solver capable of proactively identifying and resolving issues
- Calm under pressure, working with all stakeholders in a pleasant and professional manner to ensure a positive experience for everyone involved in FPF’s events
Apply: Please apply via this link, and submit your resume and cover letter.