- This event has passed.
FPF Workshop: Understanding Ad Tech
April 8 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Complying with GDPR, CCPA and emerging state laws requires a good technical and business understanding of ad tech in order to assess relationships with a wide range of partners.
For a deeper dive into the nuts and bolts of ad tech, please join us on Wednesday, April 8th, from 10am – 12pm Eastern Time for a training on data collection methods and business models for tracking, analytics, and advertising. Topics will include: basic ad delivery and reporting, online and mobile platforms and data flows, real-time bidding (RTB), and analytics as well as an overview of the current discussions on the future of ad tech. Participants will gain an understanding of:
- How browsers work and why default browser settings matter when performing a cookie audit of a website.
- How online advertising works, including the intricacies of real-time bidding and the interplay between the various participants in the ad-ecosystem.
- An overview of the ideas being discussed in response to the phasing out of support for third-party cookies and the working groups and standards efforts to follow to track the post-cookie discussions.
Expert Speakers Include:
- Christy Harris, Director of Technology & Privacy Research, Future of Privacy Forum
- Dr. Rob van Eijk, Managing Director, Europe, Future of Privacy Forum
Please register as soon as possible, as space is limited. This event will be recorded as well as live-streamed for remote participation.
We look forward to seeing you there!