- This event has passed.
The Independent and Effective DPO: Legal and Policy Perspectives
July 8 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Join us Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 3:00 PM CET (9:00 AM ET, 2.00 PM IST) until 4:30 PM CET for the webinar ‘The Independent and Effective DPO: Legal and Policy Perspectives.’
The webinar is jointly organized by Dublin City University (DCU) and Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) and designed to help policymakers, regulators, and their staff better understand the legal views concerning the position of the Data Protection Officer within an organization.
Guest speakers include:
- MB Donnelly, Assistant Commissioner, Data Protection Commission Ireland
- Daniela Havlíková, Expert for the Legislation Unit, the Office for Personal Data Protection, Czech Republic
- Hielke Hijmans, Chairman of the Litigation chamber and member of the Board of Directors at Data Protection Authority Belgium
- Grégoire Delette, Legal advisor – DPOs dpt – Directorate of compliance, CNIL
- Marie Murphy, Fort Privacy and Association of Data Protection Officers Ireland
- Udo Oelen, Chief Privacy Officer at Dutch Railways, former Head of Private Sector at the Dutch Data Protection Authority
- Damien Kieran, Data Protection Officer at Twitter
- Mark Crosbie, Data Protection Officer at Dropbox
- Gabriela Zanfir-Fortuna, Senior Counsel, Future of Privacy Forum
- Rob van Eijk, Managing Director for Europe, Future of Privacy Forum
- Edoardo Celeste, Lecturer in Law, School of Law and Government, Dublin City University
Please register in advance for this webinar, as space is limited. Registration will close at 5:00 PM ET on July 7th. Remote participation will be encouraged through live Q&A.
DCU and FPF have partnered to collaborate on research projects, host joint conferences and workshops, and pursue applications for research opportunities together. To learn more about FPF in Europe, please visit https://fpf.org/eu. For information about DCU click here.