Executive Assistant, Youth & Education Privacy
The Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) is a non-profit organization that serves as a catalyst for privacy leadership and scholarship, advancing principled data practices in support of emerging technologies. The Youth & Education Privacy team advises policymakers, academics, companies, districts, and states on child and student privacy law and best practices; oversees the Education Privacy Resource Center website, Student Privacy Compass, and the review of applicants to the Student Privacy Pledge; and convenes stakeholders to ensure the responsible use of student data and education technology in schools.
This position will directly support the Vice President of Youth and Student Privacy and the Deputy Director of Projects and Operations for Youth and Student Privacy. The ideal candidate will be a superior writer; have a strong desire to affect change in the world with a focus on compromise, nuance, and bringing stakeholders together to find actionable solutions; be able to communicate with a variety of audiences both formally and informally; have the ability to remain professional and impartial while working in a political environment; and a willingness to support team members. The Executive Assistant will interact regularly with leading senior figures in government, corporations, academia, advocacy groups, and law firms.
Importance of Fit
We are looking for someone who is organized, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic about assisting the team through a period of rapid growth. An ideal candidate will be able to maintain order and solve problems with efficiency, creativity, determination, and collaboration.
- Provide executive support to the Vice President and the Deputy Director of Projects and operations, including but not limited to managing correspondence, managing schedules, note-taking, and providing general support
- Assist with programmatic administrative support related to hiring, contracting, and grant reporting
- Maintain records of all deliverables and other relevant grant and administrative information
- Provide team management and infrastructure support
- Previous experience in executive or administrative support roles
- Reputation for being entrepreneurial, energetic, and focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Zoom, GSuite, WordPress, and Canva
- Dedication to handling multiple priorities efficiently and to completion
- Commitment to fostering a positive work environment
FPF knows that having a diverse workforce is essential to our work. We do not discriminate against any candidate based on their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or age. We encourage applicants who might not have a background in privacy to apply anyways if they think they have the skills to be successful in the role.
Further, FPF prides itself on providing equal opportunities in employment and can make further accommodations to meet your accessibility needs. Please, send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “ExecutiveAssistantYE2022_[NAME]” if you need assistance in submitting your application.
Salary and Benefits:
The annual salary for this role is $50,000-$70,00 depending on education and relevant work experience. Includes excellent health, dental, and vision coverage, three weeks of vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day, and all federal holidays.
This is a full-time position and may be executed remotely or in-person at the Washington DC office. FPF staff are working remotely until February 2022 (at the earliest) due to the coronavirus pandemic.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected], with the subject line “ExecutiveAssistantYE2022_[NAME].” Interested applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.