FPF and NASSCOM, India’s largest industry association for the IT-BPM sector, are co-hosting two webinars on the consent regime under India’s new Digital Personal Data Protection Act of 2023 (DPDPA).
A key design feature of the DPDPA is its consent-centric approach. Both Organizations in India and around the world are navigating the new standards of consent brought in by the DPDPA. Such entities stand to benefit from discussions on how these standards, and the ground of consent more generally, are interpreted and applied. The aim of these webinars is to bring together views and perspectives from a diverse set of experts from regulators, industry, civil society, and the global data privacy community, to explore how these rules can be informed by the experiences in other jurisdictions.
Please join us this Thursday, November 9, from 5 – 7 pm India Local Time / 12:30 – 2:30 pm CEST / 6:30 – 8:30 am EST for a webinar on “Making Consent Under the DPDPA 2023 Meaningful.”
The first panel will focus on “Designing Notices & Requests for Meaningful Consent,” joined by the following global experts:
- Paul Breitbarth, Data Protection Lead, Catawiki, and Member of the Data Protection Authority, Jersey
- Eduardo Ustaran, Partner, Global Co-Head of Privacy and Cybersecurity, Hogan Lovells
- Eunjung Han, Consultant, Rouse
- Swati Sinha, APJC (APAC, Japan, China) Privacy Officer & Senior Counsel, Cisco
- Moderators: Bianca Marcu, Policy Manager for Global Privacy, FPF and Ashish Aggarwal, VP & Head of Public Policy, NASSCOM
The second panel will focus on “Examining Consent and its Alternatives,” joined by the following global experts:
- Francis Zhang, Deputy Director, Data Policy, PDPC Singapore
- Leandro Aguirre, Deputy Privacy Commissioner, Philippines National Privacy Commission
- Kazimierz Ujazdowski, Member of Cabinet, EDPS
- Moderators: Gabriela Zanfir-Fortuna, VP for Global Privacy, FPF and Ashish Aggarwal, VP & Head of Public Policy, NASSCOM