Salary Range: $125,000.00 To 165,000.00 Annually
The Future of Privacy Forum (FPF), a dynamic nonprofit organization that serves as a catalyst for privacy scholarship and advancing principled data practices in support of emerging technologies. FPF brings together industry, academics, consumer advocates, and other thought leaders to explore the challenges posed by technological innovation and develop privacy protections, ethical norms, and workable business practices.
Future of Privacy Forum’s support base is diverse, including over 200 corporate supporters from every sector of the economy. Prominent foundations, including the National Science Foundation and other leading private foundations, also provide support to FPF. The FPF Advisory Board helps set direction for FPF activities and includes leading chief privacy officers, privacy academics and advocacy groups.
The Membership Director will independently lead efforts to develop, implement, and manage all aspects of programs and initiatives to recruit and retain corporate supporters of FPF’s work. The position will supervise a team of membership professionals and work in close coordination with the policy team to conceptualize and implement initiatives aimed at providing value and driving engagement with and among corporate supporters. The Membership Director will also oversee the systems and processes necessary to manage the day-to-day membership lifecycle, from prospecting, to onboarding, to renewals/billing, engagement touchpoints, and reporting.
This is a full-time position based in the Washington, DC office. FPF maintains a hybrid work environment where staff is currently only required to work in-office one day per week. FPF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that supports employees professionally and personally through our employment practices and benefits offerings. We encourage applications from individuals who represent a variety of backgrounds based on sex, race, ethnicity, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, and other factors protected by law. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please reach out to [email protected].
- Design and implement initiatives to define and increase the value proposition of being a corporate supporter across various giving tiers
- Design and implement engagement and retention plans for all member types
- Identify and manage resources, processes, and procedures needed for member support activities
- Supervise Membership Manager, Membership Events Manager, and Membership Associate in managing the day-to-day business relationship between FPF and each of its corporate supporters (e.g. billing, renewals, follow up, etc.)
- Conceptualize and facilitate peer-to-peer engagement opportunities for corporate supporters, both in-person and virtually, to include:
- Identifying relevant focus areas and participants for these gatherings
- Working with policy staff to design topical programming as necessary
- Designing metrics by which to evaluate the effectiveness of each gathering
- Continuing the current peer-to-peer programming, while looking for new ideas and ways in which to engage members (e.g. “delegation” trips to regional offices, side-events at relevant conferences, engagement through the membership portal, etc.)
- Liaise with policy staff to ensure that corporate supporters are effectively plugged into ongoing programmatic activities (such as issue-focused Working Groups)
- Develop systems and metrics by which to track and report out on member engagement
- Partner with communications, events and policy teams to drive development of high value communications and activities tailored to the needs of the corporate supporter and/or prospect audiences
- Independently, or in partnership with prospecting consultant, identify new prospects, initiate contact for designated target companies, and cultivate these relationships
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 year’ related work experience in development and/or member management with a nonprofit organization or membership or trade association, a plus is CAE credential
- Experience in event planning, designing convenings, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal communication skills
- Talent for taking initiative and working independently
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Extremely well-organized, goal-oriented, and very high attention to detail
- Salesforce, HigherLogic, Slack, Excel, and G-Suite familiarity helpful
- Prior experience in or familiarity with tech or data privacy issues a plus
Apply: Please apply via this link. Please include a resume and a cover letter.