Reports To: Membership Director
Salary Range: $70,000-$80,000
The Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) is a global non-profit organization that serves as a catalyst for privacy leadership and scholarship, advancing principled data practices in support of emerging technologies. Through our offices in Washington D.C., Brussels, Singapore, and Tel Aviv, we bring together industry, academics, civil society, and other thought leaders to explore the challenges posed by technological innovation and develop privacy protections, ethical norms, and workable business practices.
The Membership Prospect Manager, reporting to the Membership Director, will be part of a four-person team responsible for FPF’s membership operations. FPF’s 210+ member companies include the most respected privacy executives from leading companies across a variety of industries and sectors. This role provides an exciting opportunity to directly contribute to the continued growth of FPF’s membership.
The Membership Prospect Manager actively works with the Membership team and other departments to support the prospecting process. Responsibilities will include prospect research and identification, cultivation of prospect relationships through outreach and follow-up, ensuring accurate prospect information is collected and maintained in FPF’s database, and pipeline reporting.
This is a full-time position based in the Washington, DC office. FPF maintains a hybrid work environment where staff are currently only required to work in-office two days per week.
- Promptly and effectively respond to prospect inquiries.
- Conduct research on individuals, corporations, and events in support of FPF membership prospecting.
- Identify prospective companies and individuals for outreach in regions where FPF hosts peer-to-peer meetings.
- Cultivate prospect relationships through outreach and thoughtful follow-up.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all FPF programs and offerings to provide personalized prospect outreach.
- Support the Membership Director in review of prospect messaging and provide suggestions to improve prospect outreach.
- Ensure accurate prospect information is recorded and maintained in Salesforce.
- Review pipeline reports for accuracy.
- Identify opportunities for improving pipeline processes and reporting.
- Stay current regarding best practices for prospect development through professional education.
- The above list of responsibilities is not intended to limit or preclude other responsibilities and tasks that may be associated with or added to the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a development or fundraising role with a nonprofit organization, membership, or trade association.
- Takes initiative, is personable, and has a high level of professionalism.
- Extremely well-organized, goal-oriented, and very high attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and maintain data with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and time management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
- Salesforce (or similar CRM) experience required; Slack, G Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Mailchimp a plus.
Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format in an application through the FPF Career Center (link provided below).
FPF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that supports employees professionally and personally through our employment practices and benefits offerings. We encourage applications from individuals who represent a variety of backgrounds based on sex, race, ethnicity, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, and other factors protected by law. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please reach out to [email protected].