Project Assistant, Global Privacy
The Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) is a non-profit organization that serves as a catalyst for privacy leadership and scholarship, advancing principled data practices in support of emerging technologies. The Global Privacy team, with staff in Washington DC, Brussels, Singapore and Tel Aviv, informs stakeholders of relevant changes, case-law, guidance, policies, and legal requirements, while also providing background and in-depth analysis in order to support them in being ahead of key developments globally in data protection, privacy law, and data governance.
This position will provide administrative, logistical, and project management support for FPF’s work on Global Privacy developments. The Project Assistant will work with policy staff in order to meet project milestones and deliverables. This role will include: organizing and assisting with the publication of written projects (such as whitepapers, blogs, issue briefs, and related social media promotion); helping draft communications, event descriptions, and invitations to speakers; and providing administrative support for Global Privacy events, such as virtual meetings and workshops. The role will include collaborating across teams within FPF, including ensuring that the team’s deliverables are achieved in coordination with FPF’s Events and Communications staff.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to simultaneously manage multiple projects, evolving priorities and multiple time zones in a multicultural environment. This role will report to the Vice President for Global Privacy and assist staff across our global offices. The role is based in the US, preferably in Washington DC or Detroit, and it will involve working remotely with teams based on different time zones.
- Project management support for the Global Privacy team, including tracking the progression of projects in our project management system (Monday.com) and working with project leads to determine next steps, staff assignments, and appropriate timelines;
- Administrative support for the Global Privacy team, including: scheduling, record keeping, running virtual meetings, managing contacts, and assisting with outreach;
- Drafting communications, such as event descriptions, and invitations to speakers and participants;
- Collaborating with the Communications Director and membership team to send out briefings and other email marketing via MailChimp, engage with members via the Member Portal, and coordinate with the overall FPF editorial calendar;
- Creating basic graphics for website posts and event invitations;
- Execute other related tasks as assigned.
- 1 to 3 years experience in administrative or communications support roles, including experience working with project management tools, such as Monday.com;
- Some experience, even if minimal, with working in multicultural environments;
- Reputation for being entrepreneurial, energetic, and focused;
- Experience with Zoom, GSuite, WordPress, Mailchimp, Salesforce and Canva;
- Ability to multi-task under pressure with competing priorities;
- Ability to work remotely across time-zones;
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively present varied information and respond to specific questions;
- Ability to work effectively across multiple teams within an organization.
Salary and Benefits:
$50,000-$70,000 annually, commensurate to experience. Includes excellent health, dental, and vision coverage, 401k pension plan, three weeks of vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s, Juneteenth, and all federal holidays.
This is a full-time position, based in the US, preferably in Washington DC or Detroit, Michigan. FPF staff are currently working remotely until mid-January 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected], with the subject line “ProjectAssistantGlobal2022_[NAME].” Interested applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please indicate in your email where you found this job posting.