This position will provide administrative, logistical, and project management support for FPF’s work on U.S. Legislative Research & Analysis. The Project Assistant will work with policy staff in order to meet project milestones and deliverables. This role will include: organizing and assisting with the publication of written projects (such as whitepapers, blogs, issue briefs, and related social media promotion); helping draft communications, event descriptions, and invitations to speakers; and providing administrative support for Policymaker Education events, such as virtual meetings and workshops. The role will include collaborating across teams within FPF, including ensuring that the team’s deliverables are achieved in coordination with FPF’s Events and Communications staff.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and evolving priorities. In addition, the candidate should be a strong writer; able to communicate with a variety of audiences both formally and informally; have the ability to remain professional and impartial while working in a political environment, and have a willingness to support multiple team members and work across teams within the organization.
- Project management support for the Legislative Research & Analysis team, including tracking the progression of projects in our project management system (Monday.com) and working with project leads to determine next steps, staff assignments, and appropriate timelines;
- Administrative support for the Legislative Research & Analysis team, including: scheduling, note-taking, record keeping, running virtual meetings, managing contacts, and assisting with outreach;
- Drafting communications, such as event descriptions, and invitations to speakers and participants
- Collaborating with the Communications Director and membership team to send out briefings and other email marketing via MailChimp, engage with members via the Member Portal, and coordinate with the overall FPF editorial calendar;
- Actively engage in measurement, evaluation, and reporting of the effectiveness of all digital communication programs and campaigns and make recommendations for improvement.
- Creating basic graphics for website posts and event invitations
- Execute other related tasks as assigned
- 2 to 3 years experience in administrative or communications support roles, including experience working with project management tools, such as Monday.com;
- Reputation for being entrepreneurial, energetic, positive, and focused;
- Experience with Zoom, GSuite, WordPress, Mailchimp, and Canva;
- Ability to multi-task under pressure with competing priorities;
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively present varied information and respond to specific questions;
- Ability to work effectively across multiple teams within an organization.
Compensation: $50,000 – $70,000 (depending on experience).