The Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) is a non-profit organization that serves as a catalyst for privacy leadership and scholarship, advancing principled data practices in support of emerging technologies. The Youth & Education Privacy team advises policymakers, academics, companies, districts, and states on child and student privacy law and best practices; oversees the Education Privacy Resource Center website, Student Privacy Compass, and the review of applicants to the Student Privacy Pledge; and convenes stakeholders to ensure the responsible use of student data and education technology in schools.
This position will provide project management support for FPF’s work on youth and student privacy issues. The Project Manager will work with policy staff and contractors in order to craft and meet project milestones and deliverables. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and evolving priorities. This role will primarily assist in the creation of written and visual Youth & Education projects including, but not limited to, whitepapers, blogs, book chapters, issue briefs, 2-pagers, infographics, research and analysis projects, and training modules.
Importance of Fit
We are looking for someone who is highly organized, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic about assisting the team through a period of rapid growth. An ideal candidate will be able to maintain order and solve problems with creativity, determination, and collaboration.
- Project management for the Youth and Education team, including tracking the progression of projects in our project management system
- Working with project leads to determine project next steps, staff assignments, and appropriate timelines
- Liaising with contractors to ensure project milestones are met in accordance with their contracts
- Assisting with cost tracking
- Leading post-project evaluation
- Leading the Student Privacy Pledge project
- Helping track the completion of grant deliverables
- Execute other related tasks as assigned
- Previous experience in project or administrative support roles
- Reputation for being entrepreneurial, energetic, positive, and focused
- Experience with Zoom, GSuite, and project management platforms
FPF knows that having a diverse workforce is essential to our work. We do not discriminate against any candidate based on their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or age. We encourage applicants who might not have a background in privacy to apply anyways if they think they have the skills to be successful in the role.
Further, FPF prides itself on providing equal opportunities in employment and can make further accommodations to meet your accessibility needs. Please, send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “ProjectManagerYE2022_[NAME]” if you need assistance in submitting your application.
$55,000-$80,000 annually, commensurate to experience. Includes excellent health, dental, and vision coverage, three weeks of vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s, and all federal holidays.
This is a full-time position that will eventually be based out of the Washington DC office. FPF staff are working remotely until mid-January 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Apply: Please apply via this link.