Salary Range:$90,000.00 To 130,000.00 Annually
The Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) is a non-profit organization that serves as a catalyst for privacy leadership and scholarship, advancing principled data practices in support of emerging technologies.
FPF is seeking to hire a Senior Counsel to lead our emerging work on questions of privacy and data protection related to immersive technologies.
We are looking for someone with a product or technical and public policy/legal background, who is enthusiastic about exploring the nuances of the impact of immersive technologies on privacy and data protection. This portfolio may include issues related to virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), mixed reality, gaming, brain-computer interfaces, and other related technologies.
This is a full-time position located in Washington, D.C.
FPF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that supports employees professionally and personally through our employment practices and benefits offerings. We encourage applications from individuals who represent a variety of backgrounds based on sex, race, ethnicity, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, and other factors protected by law. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please reach out to [email protected]
- Strategic visioning and planning for FPF’s goals related to privacy in the area of immersive technologies;
- Acting as a leading expert voice on issues related to immersive technologies within FPF and externally. This may include providing commentary through blog posts, media interviews, and public panel presentations and events as well as providing representation of FPF with external partners and groups;
- Legal and policy analysis and development of recommendations related to emerging issues in immersive technologies;
- Analysis of how uses of data will impact vulnerable communities;
- Management of team members working on this issue, including assignment, oversight, and monitoring of work product, research, and professional development;
- Outreach, coordination, and collaboration with FPF stakeholders, as well as with key interest groups, civil society, companies, relevant government agencies, academics, and other partners;
- Research and writing on emerging issues related to privacy and technology; drafting filings for regulatory proposals, drafting white papers or other academic papers as assigned;
- Working with FPF’s development team regarding grants and future projecting funding opportunities.
- 5-7 years experience in privacy, data protection, and technology, with some professional legal, policy, or technical experience with immersive technologies
- Understanding of immersive technologies
- Familiarity with related U.S. and European legislative and regulatory privacy provisions
- Interest in emerging trends in technology and implications for users and society
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write and speak for both expert and general audiences; experience managing others preferred
- A commitment to amplifying diverse perspectives
Salary Range: Senior Counsel $90,000-$130,000
Apply: To apply, please visit this link.