Event Planning Intern
The Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) is a non-profit organization that serves as a catalyst for privacy leadership and scholarship, advancing principled data practices in support of emerging technologies. The FPF Education and Innovation Foundation is the home for a number of FPF projects including student privacy, connected cars, ethics, wearables and other research areas.
FPF is seeking an Event Planning Intern. This internship will provide firsthand experience in executing a comprehensive communications program in a small non-profit. The intern will work directly with the FPF Event Planner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparing and distributing event materials, including tent cards, signs, name tags, flyers, and books;
- Assist with managing all FPF event planning accounts, including Eventbrite, Salesforce, Canva, MailChimp. and WordPress;
- Create and compile timely, relevant content for monthly FPF newsletter;
- Assist with promotion of office events and receptions;
- Assist with onsite event execution;
- Assist with vendor communication;
- Assist in preparing documents for meetings;
- Provide research support;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Experience preferable with Word Press, Salesforce, Mail Chimp, and Eventbrite;
- Ability to multi-task under pressure with competing priorities;
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively present varied information and respond to specific questions;
- Current enrollment in a relevant undergraduate or graduate program;
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and diverse populations;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Superior organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail;
Please submit one PDF of a cover letter and resume by email to [email protected] and [email protected]. Enter “Event Planning Intern” in the subject line. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls, please. Start and end dates are flexible. We expect the intern will work 8-20 hours per week.