Operations and Development Intern
Reports to: Operations and Accounting Manager
The Future of Privacy Forum’s Mission:
The Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) is a non-profit organization that serves as a catalyst for privacy
leadership and scholarship, advancing principled data practices in support of emerging
technologies. The FPF Education and Innovation Foundation is the home for a number of FPF projects including student privacy, connected cars, ethics, wearables and other research areas.
The Future of Privacy Forum is seeking an Operations and Development Intern. This internship will provide firsthand experience in the daily operation and fundraising actives of a small non-profit. The intern will assist in the overall operational management of the organization including, finance, office management, and knowledge management. This is an excellent oportunity for both a student majoring in business/accounting or majoring in liberal arts and interested in understanding the business/management side of the non-profit sector.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in building living grant files;
- Assist with contract management;
- Assist in drafting an Operations Manual;
- Assist with the planning and execution of office events and receptions;
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of donor files;
- Assist with membership database maintenance;
- Assist in preparing documents for Board of Directors meetings;
- Assist with coding and entering accounts payable;
- Provide ad hoc research support; and
- Support other team members in their various functions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Highly desire experience with WordPress, Adobe creative suite, Salesforce, and MailChimp;
- Ability to multi-task and be productive despite competing priorities;
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions;
- Student currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program;
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and diverse populations;
- Eager to learn;
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team; and
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Please direct letters of interest and resumes to [email protected].