Data powers smart cities. Gains in efficiency, accessibility, and quality of life in smart cities depends on individuals willingness to participate with their data. Creating data powered smart cities raises privacy and data protection risks that are only now being recognized.
This webinar features smart cities scholars whose research touches on uses of data for planning and implementing smart city concepts. Topics discussed in this webinar include:
- Smart city data challenges.
- Privacy threats in data sharing and data mining in smart cities
- Privacy-enhancing technologies in smart cities
- Data governance dilemmas and potential solutions
- Barriers to government data access
- Attitudes towards privacy in a smart city context