Future of Privacy Forum is a nonprofit organization that serves as a catalyst for privacy leadership and scholarship, advancing principled data practices in support of emerging technologies. FPF brings together industry, academics, consumer advocates, and other thought leaders to explore the challenges posed by technological innovation and develop privacy protections, ethical norms, and workable business practices.
Future of Privacy Forum’s support base is diverse, including over 175 corporate supporters including major tech companies, retailers, financial institutions, start-ups, media companies and others. Prominent foundations, including the National Science Foundation and other leading private foundations, also provide support to FPF. The FPF Advisory Board helps set direction for FPF activities and includes leading chief privacy officers, privacy academics, and advocacy groups.
FPF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that supports employees professionally and personally through our employment practices and benefits offerings. We encourage applications from individuals who represent a variety of backgrounds based on sex, race, ethnicity, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, and other factors protected by law. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please reach out to [email protected]
The key responsibility of this role is to provide financial and administrative support for grant, special projects and consulting activities of the Future of Privacy Forum. The Grants Manager will work in collaboration with senior management and policy/program staff on areas including, but not limited to, proposal development; budget guidance and monitoring; compliance with funder and internal guidelines; progress reporting and forecasting; close-out reports; effort reporting.
- Proposal development: Manage the proposal development process, including providing financial & administrative support to senior management & policy/program staff; assist in accurate and compliant budget development, including assignment of indirect cost rate; developing and maintaining guides/checklists to aid in proposal development; ensuring that all submissions are in compliance with funder and internal guidelines; and perform other pre-award processes as needed.
- Project administration and monitoring: Facilitate project approval documents through acceptance/signature; set-up and coordinate new budgets with accounting team; produce reports (including fund projections) and ensure all charges are compliant and accurate; establish appropriate payments or invoicing based on expected deliverables and timetables; meet regularly with project directors to review fund status, progress reporting, budget management, closeouts, etc.; request no cost extensions; and perform other post-award processes as needed.
- Database and records management: Maintain and update accurate administrative and financial project data in the grants and project management component of the organizational (Salesforce) database, extending to contacts/relationship details and activity. Maintain accurate and updated files/directory of proposals, contracts, and awards.
- Program support / continuous improvement: Supports colleagues and the team by providing training on project policies, procedures and system practices to program staff; recommends options for the continuous improvement of policies, procedures, system enhancements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of administration and monitoring of projects.
- Maintain professional knowledge through training and information from federal agencies and professional research administration groups.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5-7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Demonstrated experience managing pre- and/or post-award processes for federal, foundation, or corporate grants preferred
- Candidates with CGMS, CRA, GPC, PMP or other related certifications are encouraged
Salary Range: $75,000-85,000
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]