The Future of Privacy Forum seeks a part-time Graphic Design and/or Video Production Intern to support in U.S. and global communications efforts. This is a 10-hour-per-week, paid, fully-remote internship, with the option to work out of FPF’s DC office if the candidate is nearby, but it is not required.
The Future of Privacy Forum (“FPF”) is a non-profit organization that serves as a catalyst for privacy leadership and scholarship, advancing principled data practices in support of emerging technologies. FPF brings together industry, academics, consumer advocates, and other thought leaders to explore the challenges posed by technological innovation and develop privacy protections, ethical norms, and workable business practices. As “data optimists,” we at FPF believe that the power of data for good is a net benefit to society and that it can be well-managed to control risks and offer the best protection and empowerment to consumers and individuals.
- Working closely with the Communications Director & Digital Communications Manager, design original and compelling graphics, videos, and social content for websites, blogs, social media, newsletters, press materials, presentations, reports, and more
- Support FPF policy experts on various marketing initiatives that involve visual assets (graphics and video) and ensure deadlines are met.
- Develop creative ideas for planning and executing initiatives to drive marketing growth and engagement across all communications channels.
- Perform routine administrative tasks as assigned.
- Must be undergrad juniors or seniors or graduate students with experience in video editing, graphic design, or related fields.
- Proficient in Google applications (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive, etc.)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Proficient in Canva
- Portfolio of work demonstrating past experience in video editing, graphic design, social media, or related fields
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Able to work independently, stay motivated, and participate in virtual meetings and collaboration.
- Able to use Slack, Dropbox, and other file-sharing platforms.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and design portfolio to [email protected]. Enter “Graphic Design/Video Production Intern” in the subject line. This internship is for spring (Feb – Apr or Mar-May) 2023 for a duration of 3 months. Start and end dates are flexible.
FPF is an equal-opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that supports employees professionally and personally through our employment practices and benefits offerings. We encourage applications from individuals who represent a variety of backgrounds based on sex, race, ethnicity, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, and other factors protected by law. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please reach out to [email protected]