FPF is seeking to hire a Policy Counsel to lead its work on emerging questions of privacy and data protection related to health data. Key responsibilities for the position are expected to include: working with the CEO and VP for Policy to define a strategic vision for FPF’s health portfolio; undertaking independent research, analysis, and writing on emerging legal and policy issues related to privacy and technology; leading outreach and collaboration with interested FPF stakeholders, health interest groups, civil society, relevant government agencies, academics, and other key partners; and organizing events and meetings with stakeholders, both in person and virtual.
This is a full-time position that can be located in Washington, D.C, Brussels, Tel Aviv or Dublin.
- Strategic planning for FPF’s health data goals and strategies ranging from challenges for real world evidence, uses of genetic data, wearables, machine learning with health data and similar issues.
- Legal and policy analysis and development of recommendations related to emerging issues in health as well as regulatory consideration of questions of health data protection
- Outreach and collaboration with FPF stakeholders, as well as with health interest groups, relevant government agencies, academics, and other key partners
- Leadership of Genetics Working Group and FPF-IAF Joint Health Initiative
- Research and writing on emerging issues related to privacy and technology; drafting filings for regulatory proposals, drafting white papers or other academic papers as assigned
- Provide commentary through blog posts, media interviews, and representation at public panel presentations and events
- J.D. or Masters degree in a related field
- 5-10 years experience in relevant legal, policy, or technical positions with specific knowledge of health privacy strongly preferred
- Familiarity with related U.S.and European legislative and regulatory privacy laws
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in emerging trends in technology and implications for users and society
- Demonstrated project planning and organizational skills
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]