Membership Services Director
The Membership Manager is the primary handler of the business relationship between FPF and its commercial financial supporters, as well as providing support to other FPF and affiliate Advisory Board members. Expected to develop personalized knowledge of member and prospective member companies’ activities and engagement with FPF and affiliates, interact as needed to solicit their needs and expectations and ensure FPF is meeting them. Also helps manage the membership database and engagement portal, sends and tracks routine correspondence related to membership support and member company renewals, carries out the on-boarding, updating, and off-boarding process of FPF members, and generally manages all internal processes related to membership data tracking and updates. A wide degree of initiative and professional acumen is expected.
Membership Management and Development
- Identify new prospects, initiate contact in coordination with CEO for designated target companies, and provide follow-up and support to prospect workflow
- Support Leadership Director and Member Services Director with outreach, member management activities and opportunities, including sponsorships, and special projects as required
- Display the ability to manage the business relationships with corporate partners to ensure solid retention each year
- Assist with routine correspondence and updates related to member renewals of annual support
- Track annual renewal schedule
- Coordinate with Finance Associate to verify invoicing
- Assist with managing and executing the onboarding process for new members
- Coordinate with the Communications and Program Managers to add new member companies in all correct contexts and publications
- Assist with reaching out to supporters to confirm working group participation
- Process updates and changes to member contacts, as well as Academic and Advocate members of the FPF Advisory Board
- Promptly and effectively respond to inquiries from members and prospects
- Assist with logistics and preparing materials for Privacy Leaders Meetings
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all FPF and affiliate programs and offerings
- Assist Member Services Director with developing and managing programs and initiatives that would provide value to FPF members
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve membership procedures and processes
- Extremely well-organized, goal-oriented and very high attention to detail
- Articulate and comfortable following up with members to track down information, following up on lapsed memberships, and responding to inquiries
- Willing to learn, and confident in proposing innovative ideas to managementDatabase and Engagement Platform Management
- Work closely with Salesforce Database Administrator on confirming all information pertinent to FPF members and contacts is correct.
- Update Salesforce daily
- Add contacts sourced through CEO contacts and record activity
- Add contacts/identify prospects from FPF-hosted events based on attendees
- Add contacts/identify prospects from FPF staff attendance at other conferences and events
- Review and report on member outreach activities on a routine basis
- Assist with implementation of member engagement platform
- Recommend and execute engagement tactics for member engagement platform
- Assist with tracking member engagement, and pulling reports and lists from Salesforce and member engagement platform
- Coordinate with Communications Director to ensure accurate and timely updates of member information reflected on the organizational website
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, with minimum 5 years related work experience. Relevant experience with a nonprofit organization, membership or trade association, or related member-based organization with business development experience critical.
- Exceptional customer service skills, with a membership-focused mindset
- Demonstrated member tracking and management experience and analysis, with emphasis on development and expansion strategies. Experience with member renewal, invoice, and payment tracking prioritized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal communication skills.
- Talent for taking initiative and working independently and remotely.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Experience using Salesforce, Slack, Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), Higher Logic, and G-Suite applications a plus.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP (the position will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found) but no later than December 15th. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].