Job Title: Research Coordination Network Project Manager (Temporary)
About Us: Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) is a nonprofit organization that serves as a catalyst for privacy leadership and scholarship, advancing principled data practices in support of emerging technologies. FPF brings together industry, academics, consumer advocates, and other thought leaders to explore the challenges posed by technological innovation and develop privacy protections, ethical norms, and workable business practices.
General Overview: The RCN Project Manager will be responsible for supporting implementation of the Applied Privacy Research Coordination Network (RCN). The RCN aims to connect academic researchers with industry practitioners to provide structured networking, research, and working partnership opportunities.
This is a 10-week, part-time (15-20 hours per week), hourly position, which may be extended or transfer into a full-time position for the right candidate. The position is based in FPF’s Washington, DC office, but work on the project could also be completed remotely and/or afterhours. The RCN Project Manager will report to FPF Policy Counsel.
- Act as the first point of contact for the project leading up to and including the FPF Annual Meeting (April 29-30) and International Association of Privacy Professionals Global Privacy Summit (May 2-3) in Washington, DC. The grant calls for 10-30 academics to be selected and included in these events.
- Organize FPF’s efforts leading up to these conferences in a way which maximizes adherence to grant requirements, including (1) participant selection and coordination, (2) event coordination, and (3) marketing and communication
(1) Selection and Coordination of Participants
- Screen and invite project participants, managing all communication and coordination
- Conduct independent research and work in coordination with RCN Advisory Board, FPF staff, and FPF partners to identify 10-30 academic candidates to participate in the Annual Meeting and/or IAPP. This process may include:
- Monitoring and reviewing RCN submissions on the RCN website from academics and companies
- Organizing monthly RCN Steering Committee meetings and communicating project progress with steering committee
- Compiling database of relevant academics and sending invitations to target audience and candidates
- Matching academics with relevant industry representatives or projects
- Draft and circulate invitations to potential participants and answer questions
- Work with RCN Advisory Board and FPF staff and partners, and conduct independent research in order to identify and coordinate meetings between visiting academics and relevant industry representatives.
(2) Event Coordination
- Coordinate selected participant travel in compliance with NSF grant requirements
- Manage staffing plan and execution of FPF booth for two full days during the IAPP conference, including an FPF representative and an Academic presenter at all times
- Manage planning, communication and execution of Little Big Stage presentation at IAPP on May 2, for which speakers have already been identified
- Manage integration of selected participants into FPF annual meeting
- Plan and manage side event for IAPP and/or FPF Annual Meeting, if applicable
(3) Marketing and Communication:
- Compile or work with outside vendors to create marketing and communications content related to these events, including but not limited to:
- Video compilation of ~10 academics’ proposals to be aired at the FPF Annual Meeting.
- Creation and distribution of Pre- and Post- IAPP event mailings
- Creation and printing of “palm cards” listing FPF IAPP speakers on one side and Academic presentation schedule on a second side
- Other needs that may arise in execution of the grant
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Previous event planning or administrative work preferred, but not required
- Ability to coordinate different deadlines and work communication between multiple teams within an organization
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to [email protected].