Reports To: Senior Manager of Grants and Special Projects
The Grants Consultant will work in close coordination with a small grants consulting team. These individuals will be the consultant’s primary points of contact within the organization, and they will also collaborate with other FPF staff such as SVP of Operations and members of the Policy and Executive teams, as needed, through their work.
In this role, the primary responsibilities will be:
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs, and financial needs of the organization.
- Support research into grant and special project opportunities from U.S. government agencies, private foundations, corporations, international/multilateral organizations, and other funders.
- Support the grants team in research on and qualification of prospective funders and in cultivation of identified prospects.
- Support the drafting of proposals, reports, and supporting documents related to grant and special project opportunities based on funder requirements, including research, proposal writing, reviewing, editing, formatting, and final document preparation/packaging. Grants and special projects documents range from shorter proposal materials (e.g., concept notes and LOIs) to larger, complex grant applications.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals and other documents.
- Maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain records and support compilation and drafting of reports related to current grants and special projects. The consultant may be assigned to support and perform progress and post-award reporting as needed.
The period of performance of this contract shall consist of one twelve-month base period. Continued funding is contingent upon an acceptable level of performance.
Please submit a cover letter, writing sample, and references in PDF format in an application through the FPF Career Center.
FPF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that supports employees professionally and personally through our employment practices and benefits offerings. We encourage applications from individuals who represent a variety of backgrounds based on sex, race, ethnicity, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, and other factors protected by law. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please reach out to [email protected].