Member Services Manager
Future of Privacy Forum is a nonprofit organization that serves as a catalyst for privacy leadership and scholarship, advancing principled data practices in support of emerging technologies. FPF brings together industry, academics, consumer advocates, and other thought leaders to explore the challenges posed by technological innovation and develop privacy protections, ethical norms, and workable business practices.
Future of Privacy Forum’s support base is diverse, including over 175 corporate supporters including major tech companies, retailers, financial institutions, start-ups, media companies and others. Prominent foundations, including the National Science Foundation and other leading private foundations, also provide support to FPF. The FPF Advisory Board helps set direction for FPF activities and includes leading chief privacy officers, privacy academics and advocacy groups.
Independently lead efforts to develop, implement, and manage all aspects of programs and initiatives to provide value and drive engagement with and among corporate supporters of FPF’s work.
- Conceptualize, launch, and facilitate peer-to-peer engagement opportunities for corporate supporters, both in-person and virtually, to include:
- Identifying relevant focus areas and participants for these gatherings
- Working with policy staff to design topical programming as necessary
- Coordinating all logistical aspects of these gatherings
- Designing metrics by which to evaluate the effectiveness of each gathering
- Design and implement engagement and retention plans for all member types (eg corporate, law firm, vendor, etc.)
- Liaise with policy staff to ensure that corporate supporters are effectively plugged into ongoing programmatic activities (such as issue-focused Working Groups)
- Independently identify new prospects, initiate contact in coordination with Leadership Director and CEO for designated target companies, and cultivate these relationships
- Partner with Membership Management Associate in developing systems and metrics by which to track member engagement across all activity areas
- Partner with Communications Manager and policy staff to drive development of high value communications tailored to the needs and interests of the corporate supporter and/or prospect audience
- Design and implement new initiatives to define and increase the value proposition of being a corporate supporter across various giving tiers
- Identify and manage resources, processes, and procedures needed for member support activities
- Supervise Membership Management Associate in managing the day-to-day business relationship between FPF and its corporate supporters (eg billing, renewals, follow up, etc.) as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in or familiarity with data privacy issues a plus
- Related work experience in development and/or member management with a nonprofit organization or membership or trade association
- Experience in event planning, designing convenings, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal communication skills
- Talent for taking initiative and working independently
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Extremely well-organized, goal-oriented, and very high attention to detail
- Salesforce, Slack, Excel, and G-Suite familiarity helpful
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]