Future of Privacy Forum is pleased to share the second annual “Privacy Papers for Policy Makers,” showcasing leading analytical thinking about current and emerging privacy issues.
Mary J. Culnan
- Against Notice Skepticism (Forthcoming, 87 Notre Dame Law Review – 2012) *Draft
- The Case for Online Obscurity
Woodrow Hartzog and Frederic Stutzman
- Dispelling the Myths Surrounding De-identification: Anonymization Remains a Strong Tool for Protecting Privacy (Seen in the Canadian Law Review, vol. 8, no. 9, August 2011)
Dr. Ann Cavoukian and Khaled El Emam
- The Failure of Online Social Network Privacy Settings
Michelle Madejski, Maritza Johnson and Steven Bellovin
- The PII Problem: Privacy and a New Concept of Personally Identifiable Information
Paul M. Schwartz and Daniel J. Solove
- Flash Cookies and Privacy II: Now with HTML5 and ETag Respawning
Chris Hoofnagle, Mika Ayenson, Deitrich James Wambach, Ashkan Soltani and Nathan Good
- Regulating Privacy by Design
Ira S. Rubinstein
Download the 2011 Privacy Papers for Policy Makers to read executive summaries and view full papers below.
View the 2010 papers here.